About this course
Using Camtasia Studio, you can quickly create videos just about anything (computer software or PowerPoint presentations) and post your completed lessons on the web, YouTube, Screencast.com, or burn them to a CD. Your lessons can include videos of actions taken on your computer, animations, audio, quizzes and surveys.
What you’ll learn
Module 1: eLearning and Camtasia
- This module will give you a brief introduction to Camtasia, and eLearning in general. You will open an existing project and explore the Camtasia interface.
Module 2: Recording Videos
- By the time you have completed this module, you will be able to record screen actions on your computer using the Camtasia Recorder. You’ll learn the value of rehearsals, and you’ll learn how to add annotations and other special effects during the recording process.
Module 3: Videos and Images
- Once you’ve recorded screen actions, the real work begins in the Studio. You will create a project from scratch, and learn how to import recordings into the Studio as media.
Module 4: Callouts, Animations and Transitions
- You learned how to add media during the last module. In this module, you’ll pick up where you left off and enhance the media with callouts and animations. You’ll also learn to make the jumps between video segments appear more professional by using Transitions.
Module 5: Audio
- Research has shown that adding audio (such as sound effects and voice narration) enhances the eLearning experience for your learners. You’ll learn to add audio as media, and how to record and edit your own audio.
Module 6: Produce & Share
- After you’ve finished creating your eLearning lesson, you’ll need to “publish” it so that it can be consumed by your learners. You’ll learn to produce and share your lessons as a standalone video and share the lessons on YouTube. You’ll also learn how to create Flash/HTML5 output so that your lessons will play on just about any device including the Apple iPad and iPod).
Module 7: Zooming, Focus, Markers and Hotspots
- You’ll learn to enhance your eLearning lessons by controlling the appearance of the mouse cursor. You’ll add Zoom-n-Pan areas that automatically take learners closer to the screen. And you’ll learn to add interactivity via a TOC and Hotspots.
Module 8: Quizzes and Screencast.com
- Studies have shown that adding a quiz to an eLearning lessons can enhance learner retention. You’ll learn how to add a quiz and then share the lesson on Screencast.com.
Module 9: PowerPoint and MenuMaker
- If you’ve created content in PowerPoint, don’t throw it away. You’ll learn that existing PowerPoint content can basically be recorded within Camtasia allowing you to quickly create an eLearning course out of any presentation. And once you’ve created your lessons, you’ll learn to use MenuMaker and group those lessons into a cohesive course.